The abstract submission is closed now. Thank you for your submissions!
Notification letters will be sent out in March 2018.
In order to standardise the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
- Abstracts may be submitted only via internet. Abstracts submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstract deadline is Monday, January 31 2018 CET 23.59.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English, presentations of accepted abstracts may be held in German, French or English.
- Your abstract will be printed as submitted.
- Please make sure that name, email and postal address of corresponding author are complete and correct.
- Please structure your abstract using the following headings:
- Clarity of expression will be considered in the review process. The overall quality of language used should assure comprehension by the reader.
- The abstract text may not be longer than 2’500 characters (including spaces, excluding authors’ names and abstract title and disclosures).
- Abstracts must contain original material neither published nor presented in Switzerland prior to 6 June 2018.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an investigator may submit. Investigators should not submit the same research. Abstracts that appear to be replicate versions of a single study may be rejected.
- Please limit the number of authors listed to those who have substantially contributed to the abstract. If authors’ names appear on more than one abstract, their names must appear and be spelled identically on each abstract in order to facilitate proper indexing. Wherever possible, do not list authors with initials only. Enter every author’s name into a separate field for indexing. For each author the institution and – if possible – the working group should be declared.
- Do not use abbreviations in the title. Limit their use to commonly used abbreviations and expand all abbreviations at first mention.
- Tables, charts and other graphics are permitted (max. 2) and must be in JPG or GIF format, of high resolution and in black and white.
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by email with
- Reference number of your abstracts (for inquiry and correspondence purposes)
- Your personal access code remains valid for future use (e.g. should you wish to edit or correct a submitted abstract, to submit further abstracts to the same or to future conference). Renewed entry of your contact details will be unnecessary. Submitted abstracts may be edited up to the deadline of 31 January 2018
- If you do not receive a confirmation please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts will be subject to a blind peer review. Only the review board1 will be unblinded.
- The format of presentation will be decided on by the scientific committee based on the quality of the abstracts submitted.
- Authors will be informed from early April 2018 by email on the decision of the scientific committee (please make sure to state your correct email address). Detailed information on installation and presentation of posters and oral presentations will be mailed directly to authors of accepted abstracts. Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if accepted. The presenting author should be the submitting author.
- Presenting authors of accepted abstracts must register for the conference.
1Committee of 2 to 4 persons delegated by the board of the SSC to supervise the abstract submission and reviewing process.
Please carefully select the topic under which you submit your abstract for review. A review board delegated by the scientific committee will verify the correct allocation of abstracts and may reallocate your abstract prior to the review process if placed incorrectly.
- Cardiovascular biology
- Including all abstracts with in vitro or in vivo investigations
- Pacemaker, Defibrillator and electrophysiology
- Cardiac failure, valvulopathies, cardiomyopathies, pericardiopathies, heart transplantation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Coronary Artery Bypass Graft surgery (CABG)
- Epidemiology, risk factors, rehabilitation, thromboembolic disease
- Cardiac imaging, congenital and pediatric cardiology
- Clinical cases
- All clinical cases are to be submitted in this topic.
All accepted abstracts will be published in Cardiovascular Medicine, the official journal of the Swiss Society of Cardiology, the Swiss Society for Angiology, the Swiss Society of Hypertension and the Swiss Paediatric Cardiology Society.
Full text of abstracts will be published 2 weeks prior to the meeting (23 May 2018) on the meeting’s website.ust register for the conference.
In each topic the best abstract(s) will be awarded a prize. The scientific committee wishes to reward mainly younger scientists. Accomplished and experienced scientists are kindly asked to choose the option “I am an experienced scientist (40 years old or elder). Please do not consider my abstract for prize evaluation”.
If you have questions regarding abstracts or need assistance, please contact the abstract team at email@example.com.
For technical questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please always refer to the name of the congress as well as your abstract reference number.
Abstract hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Monday - Friday during CET business hours)