Congress Format - Physical Meeting in St. Gallen
The SSC/SSCS Annual Meeting 2022 will take place onsite in St. Gallen. Adhering to format of a physical meeting, all congress components are planned as live events at the respective locations.
Hybrid elements, such as livestream of the lectures or a recording and on-demand provision of such, are currently not planned.
The Swiss Society of Cardiology (SSC) is a professional and scientific association, which was founded in 1948 and brings together specialists and scientists who are concerned with cardiovascular diseases. The purpose of the society is:
- the cultivation of relations between the members of the Society;
- to support the practical application of research results for the benefit of the health of individuals and the population;
- to promote science in the field of cardiovascular diseases and cardiovascular education in education, training and continuing education;
- the promotion of the next generation of qualified specialists in cardiology or scientists;
- the organization of scientific conferences;
- cooperation with the Swiss Heart Foundation;
- cooperation with Swiss and foreign (medical) societies, institutes and scholars.
The "Swiss Society for Heart and Thoracic Vascular Surgery" (SGHC) is a scientific association, which was founded in 1986.
It consists mainly of doctors who are involved in heart surgery and who work in Switzerland.
The society is committed to the basic ethical principles of medical practice.
It monitors the quality of medical activity and protects the professional and economic interests of the medical profession in general and of cardiac surgeons in particular. In doing so, it relies on the Code of Professional Conduct of the FMH.